GSFA Platinum Down Payment Assistance Program
Central Coast Lending is proud to announce our approved to offer a new loan program- the GSFA Platinum down payment assistance program! The GSFA Platinum down payment assistance program was created to help low to moderate income homebuyers in the state of California purchase a home by providing down payment and/or closing cost assistance in the form of a non-repayable grant.
GSFA Platinum Program Features:
- Non-repayable grant for down payment and/or closing costs
- Grant sized up to 5% of the loan amount
- Program NOT limited to first-time home buyers
- FICO score requirement from 640 and up
- Available with various mortgage loans
- Now available with eligible refinances
GSFA Platinum is designed to be flexible and is available for the purchase of both new and existing homes, as long as the home will be the primary residence of the homebuyer. The program is not limited to first-time home buyers; existing home owners can apply too!
Qualifications for the GSFA Platinum Program
- The homebuyer must meet GSFA’s specific qualifying guidelines for the program:
- Intend to occupy the home as the primary residence
- Meet the minimum credit score requirement of 640
- Not exceed the maximum debt-to-income ratio of 45%
- Qualifying income (total income used to qualify for the mortgage must not exceed Program Income Limits that are based on the location of the property)
*Income limits are determined by county and type of first mortgage
The Program Income Limit for FHA, VA, and USDA first mortgages are as follows:
The Program Income Limit for Freddie Mac first mortgages are as follows:
- The homebuyer must apply for the Program through a GSFA Platinum Participating Lender and meet all the qualifying guidelines for the type of mortgage loan being used to finance the purchase of the home. Conventional, FHA, VA, and USDA 30-year mortgages are all allowed. Current interest rates and APRS are available through a participating lender.
*Central Coast Lending is now a GSFA Platinum Participating Lender
To find out how much the down payment assistance grant through GSFA Platinum could be multiply the grant percentage by the loan amount (The size of grant depends on the loan type. For FHA, VA, or Conventional 30-year fiexed rate mortgages up to a 5% sized grant is available, for USDA 30-year fixed-rate mortgages up to a 3% sized grant is available)